Belly dancing has been in practice for centuries in the middle east. This is the perfect opportunity for the ladies of the company to perform to the drums of the men in the company.
How does it work?
- We will provide a drum for each male and various percussion instruments.
- Each lady dancer is provided with a shimmy belt (Eastern hip scarf).
- We will divide your group of delegates into two equal separate groups, a drum ensemble and a belly dance troupe.
- The drummers will learn an Eastern drum rhythm, while the dancers learn an authentic choreographed belly dance sequence.
- For the first hour the delegates will learn their specific rhythms/dance routines, and for the last ½ hour, our head facilitator, with more than 20 years experience, will bring the teams together to perform their own industrial theatre – the ladies dancing to the rhythm of the drums.
- Individuals will also have an opportunity to perform solo.
- This will end on a high note, with the company performing as a team, with enthusiasm and synergy, culminating into an event of drumming and dancing – an experience never to be forgotten!