Fire dancing is the coming together of performance arts and skills involving the manipulation of fire. Fire dancing uses apparatus made with one or more wicks, designed to sustain a large enough flame to create a visual effect.
We provide fire staffs for each delegate as our professional facilitators teach a very basic but powerful dance routine by weaving, twirling and stepping to the music.
Experiencing the magic of a team fire dancing activity – build, motivate and empower your team! Delegates express themselves through dance and build trust with fellow colleagues.
How does it work?
- We provide a fire staff with a burn wick on each end to each delegate.
- Burn wicks are covered with a ribbon sock for practicing.
- Facilitators teach your delegates basic dance movements like the “Weave” and the “Butterfly”. In both instances, you are required to spin, twirl and handle the staff next to and in front of your body.
- Combining these steps and movements, the group builds a dance routine choreographed by our facilitators.
- When the facilitator is confident that everyone is able and ready, ribbon socks are removed, dowsed in paraffin and wicks lit on both ends of the fire staff.
- The team perform the choreographed dance with staffs burning on either side.
- Delegate must face their fears, hold their own, and trust their colleagues – while communicating and performing in synergy.
- Depending on the size of the group, you may be split you into smaller groups, each group performing to the other!
- The event ends with the entire company/ group performing the sequence together, as a team, co-operating rather than competing against one another.
- At the end of the event each delegate is motivated and can feel they have experienced a sense of achievement.