Fire dancing is the coming together of performance arts and skills that involves the manipulation of fire. Fire dancing typically involves apparatus made with one or more wicks, which are designed to sustain a large enough flame to create a visual effect.
A fire staff will be provided for each delegate as our professional facilitators teach a very basic but powerful dance routine by weaving, twirling and stepping to the music.
Experience the magic of a team fire dancing activity to build, motivate and empower your team. Delegates get to express themselves through dance and build trust with fellow colleagues.
How does it work?
- We will provide a fire staff with a burn wick on each end to each delegate.
- Each burn wick is covered with a ribbon sock for practicing.
- Our facilitators will teach your delegates a few basic dance movements like the “Weave” and the “Butterfly”. In both instances, you are required to spin, twirl and handle the staff next to and in front of your body.
- By combining these steps and movements the group builds a dance routine choreographed by our facilitators.
- When the facilitator is confident that everyone is able and ready, we remove the ribbon socks, dowse each wick in a bowel of paraffin and light the wicks on both ends of the fire staff.
- The team performs the choreographed dance with the staffs burning on either side.
- Each delegate must face their fears, hold their own and trust their colleagues while communicating and performing in synergy.
- Depending on the size of the group, we will split you into smaller groups, each group performing to the other!
- The event ends with the entire company/ group performing the sequence together, as a team, co-operating rather than competing against one another.
- At the end of the event each delegate is motivated and has experience a sense of achievement.