Tribes throughout the world practice dance rituals to celebrate all occasions and ceremonies, such as births, harvests, worship and unions. Dancing and singing to the rhythm of Africa was used to create a sense of unity, motivation, physical and mental well being in the tribe…’
All delegates will dress up as a tribe or team; the men will wear leather skin skirts, a headband, knee garters and armbands and the ladies will wear an African material skirt, apron and shoulder wraps.
Our experienced and professional dancers will teach your team a basic Zulu dance sequence purely by working, communicating and thinking as a team. The event always culminates to a great sense of celebration.
How does it work?
- We will provide traditional attire to your delegates. The men will wear traditional Zulu skirts, headgear, arm bands and shin garters. The ladies will wear Zulu material skirts and shoulder gowns.
- Our team of authentic and professional Zulu facilitators will teach the group a few basic dance steps and movements.
- By combining these steps and movements the group builds and dance routine choreographed by our facilitators.
- The group learns a traditional Zulu song.
- Soon you will know the whole dance sequence. The group performs the choreographed dance to the beat of the Zulu drums, known as Dlamo drums.
- Depending on the size of the group, we will split them into smaller groups, demonstrating the importance of teamwork, motivation, communication and group synergy.